Sunday, 3 July 2011

It's time for more classic trailers!

Da dun....da dun...can you guess?



...

...



...






The sinister, iconic theme opens this trailer. Maybe I'm just desensitised to horror trailers now (though it will take a bit of convincing to get me to see a horror film all the same), but it isn't a particularly frightening trailer. The beginning is great, the end is great but I feel there is a bit of a lull in the middle.
I have seen the movie, and loved it (I have a fondness for Spielberg and films of the 70's in general), and I can imagine this trailer being much more effective at the time (my mother was scared of the beach for ages after seeing this, she once told me).



2 comments:

  1. Chaos!!! Love Jaws. The trailer is...odd. A nice addition, however.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The whole middle section of the trailer just seems...unnecessary? I'd been in a bit of a Spielberg mood when I picked that trailer!

    ReplyDelete

Let's have some discussion...