Monday, 16 December 2013

ReelGood Reviews - DBZ, Short Term 12, and Philomena...

   Despite the weather in Melbourne being decidedly non-summer like, life has been relaxed and fun and full of social interactions for me these past few weeks. We wrapped season three of Live on Bowen with a spectacular Christmas special, which should be available to watch to your hearts content on Youtube very soon. I've got a few more reviews that I've been sitting on that will hopefully be posted either here, or on ReelGood, very soon, but for now...

   I love DBZ, and this was a massive nostalgia kick for me. I had a lot of fun, though if you're not already a Dragon Ball fan, you might find this difficult to get into...


   This really was special. So special. I want to take this movie home and wrap myself up in it over and over again. I definitely think I'm going to see it again in the cinemas. Go see it if you haven't already (out in Australia Boxing Day). 


   All hail Dame Judi Dench!


   Upcoming review - Frozen! See you then!


1 comment:

  1. Set in a foster-care facility outside of San Francisco, this independent drama Short term 12 is vivid and heartfelt in its depiction of social work, at times recalling some of Frederick Wiseman's great documentary portraits.

    ReplyDelete

Let's have some discussion...